What does Englefield offer?
Nestled in the heart of West Berkshire, Englefield is an idyllic English village steeped in rich history and adorned with charming rural beauty. The village is home to the Englefield Estate, a spectacular country house standing amid beautifully landscaped gardens and woodlands, offering captivating views that are a feast for the eyes. The estate is a perfect blend of historical grandeur and modern amenities, making it a much-loved destination for visitors who seek to experience the quintessential English countryside. The surrounding countryside, with its picturesque footpaths and bridleways, is a paradise for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. Englefield's vibrant community supports a local shop, a delightful traditional pub, and the cosy St Mark's Church, adding to the village's endearing appeal. Bask in the tranquil atmosphere of this rural gem, experience the warmth of its community, and immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of Englefield. Its charm truly embodies the essence of English rural life.
1. Englefield House and Gardens: This historic country house is a marvellous spectacle of 16th-century architecture. The grandeur extends to the surrounding gardens, offering a tranquil space to relax and enjoy the natural beauty.
2. St Mark's Church: A noteworthy parish church in Englefield, St Mark's stands as an embodiment of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture. The stained glass windows and intricate woodwork are particularly impressive.
3. Theale Vineyard: A lovely place for wine enthusiasts, Theale Vineyard offers an opportunity to taste some of the finest English wines. The stunning views of the vineyard make for a delightful visit.
4. Englefield Estate: Comprising acres of farmland, woodlands, and residential and commercial properties, the estate presents a true picture of rural English life. It also hosts outdoor activities and events throughout the year.
5. Englefield Green: A perfect spot for relaxation, Englefield Green is a large open space with beautiful views and plenty of walking paths. It is a favourite amongst locals for picnics and leisurely strolls.
1. North Street: This charming street is home to a selection of splendid properties, offering a peaceful retreat in the heart of Englefield.
2. The Street: Known for its beautiful houses and stunning gardens, The Street offers a wonderful place to reside.
3. Englefield Road: This road provides a variety of housing options, from quaint cottages to larger family homes, all surrounded by lush greenery.
4. Englefield Green: An idyllic setting with beautiful landscapes, Englefield Green offers a serene place to live with easy access to local amenities.
5. Deans Copse Road: A tranquil area with a selection of lovely homes, Deans Copse Road offers residents a peaceful lifestyle.
6. Beenham Lane: With its well-preserved houses, Beenham Lane is an appealing choice for those seeking a quiet yet convenient location.
7. Park Lane: This leafy lane is a prime location, offering a selection of spacious, detached properties.
8. Hollybush Lane: Known for its picturesque views, Hollybush Lane offers a peaceful environment with a range of attractive homes.
9. Bostock Lane: Offering a rural feel with the convenience of nearby amenities, Bostock Lane is perfect for those desiring a country lifestyle.
10. Bath Road: Bath Road offers a blend of modern and period homes, making it a versatile location for various lifestyle needs.
Remember, each of these areas offers its own unique charm. We highly recommend visiting these locations to truly appreciate their beauty and to find the perfect fit for your lifestyle.
1. Picturesque Landscapes: Englefield's stunning rural setting offers an abundance of natural beauty. Rolling hills, ancient woodlands and serene riverside paths provide a tranquil environment, ideal for those who appreciate the outdoors.
2. Historic Charm: Englefield Village is steeped in history, with Englefield House, a beautiful Elizabethan mansion, at its centre. Residents can explore the rich heritage of this captivating place, with its traditional architecture and fascinating past.
3. Community Spirit: Englefield boasts a thriving community spirit. With a range of local groups, clubs and events, there are ample opportunities to get involved, meet fellow residents and forge lasting friendships.
4. Exceptional Schools: The local area is home to several outstanding educational institutions, offering top-quality schooling for children of all ages. This includes the notable Englefield Church of England Primary School.
5. Proximity to Major Cities: Despite its rural charm, Englefield offers excellent transport links, facilitating easy access to the cities of Reading and London. This makes it an ideal location for those seeking a balance between peaceful country living and the buzz of city life.
1. Limited Local Amenities: Englefield, being a small, rural village, lacks many amenities that can be found in larger towns or cities. For instance, there are very few shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues within the village itself.
2. Limited Public Transport: The public transport options in Englefield are relatively sparse. Residents may find themselves reliant on cars for transportation, which may not be environmentally friendly or economically feasible for everyone.
3. Limited Employment Opportunities: As a small, rural village, Englefield may provide limited job opportunities. Most of the available jobs are in agriculture or local services, offering little variety for those seeking diverse career paths.
4. Lack of Nightlife: Those seeking a vibrant nightlife may be disappointed in Englefield. The village has a tranquil and quiet atmosphere, with very few late-night venues or events.
5. Lack of Diversity: Englefield is predominantly populated by people of the same demographic, which may result in a lack of cultural diversity. This may be a disadvantage for those seeking a more varied and multicultural environment.
Data technology & local insight to give you an edge