What does Fixby offer?
Nestled in the heart of Kirklees, Fixby is a charming and idyllic village that captures the essence of rural English life. With its sweeping landscapes, lush greenery, and historical architecture, Fixby invites visitors for a tranquil retreat away from the bustling city life. Whether you are an avid golfer, a history enthusiast, or simply a lover of nature, Fixby has something to offer for everyone. At the heart of Fixby is the prestigious Huddersfield Golf Club, known as the 'Home of Yorkshire Golf', which boasts a stunning 18-hole course offering panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. For those with a penchant for history, Fixby Hall, a Grade II listed building, captivates with its Georgian architectural style and rich historical heritage. The village is also home to an array welcome of independent shops, cosy pubs, and exquisite eateries offering a taste of local cuisine. With a warm community and diverse activities, Fixby ensures a delightful experience for all its visitors.
1. Fixby Hall: This impressive Grade II listed building, with its stunning architecture and beautiful landscaped gardens, is the epitome of elegance. It's also home to the prestigious Huddersfield Golf Club, making it a must-visit for golf enthusiasts.
2. Elland Road Stadium: Although technically just outside Fixby, this historic venue is only a short drive away and is an integral part of local culture. It's the home of Leeds United Football Club, and tours of the stadium offer an intriguing insight into the club's rich history.
3. Shibden Park: A beautiful public park offering a plethora of outdoor activities. From boating on the lake to exploring the woodland trails, it's a haven for nature lovers and families alike.
4. Manor Heath Park: This award-winning park features a jungle experience, colourful gardens and a wide range of facilities for all ages. It's a great place for a family day out or a peaceful stroll.
5. Huddersfield Library and Art Gallery: This cultural hub, housed in a striking Victorian building, is home to an extensive collection of books and artworks. With its regular exhibitions and events, it's a vibrant part of the local community.
Please note, due to the small size of Fixby, some of these attractions are in the immediate vicinity rather than in the village itself.
1. Clough Lane: Known for its expansive homes and green spaces, this area is a perfect choice for those who value peace and tranquillity.
2. Lightridge Road: This area is home to many beautiful properties, each with their own unique architecture. The area's lush greenery and proximity to local amenities make it a highly sought-after location.
3. Fixby Drive: This area is popular for its large, traditional homes and excellent school catchment. The neighbourhood is family-friendly and has a great community spirit.
4. Woodlands Road: This area offers a blend of convenience and serenity. With easy access to local shops, parks, and excellent schools, it is a great place for families and professionals alike.
5. The Fairway: This road is renowned for its luxury homes and is one of the most prestigious addresses in Fixby. The spacious properties and well-kept gardens offer plenty of privacy.
6. Netheroyd Hill Road: Known for its array of charming houses and proximity to Netheroyd Hill, this road is a favoured location for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
7. Field Head: This is a quiet residential area with a village-like feel. Proximity to excellent schools and local amenities makes it a highly desired location for families.
8. Southlea Road: This road is popular due to its mix of beautifully maintained period and contemporary homes, and its close proximity to local parks and amenities.
9. The Orchards: This area offers a range of unique, stylish homes. Its peaceful ambiance and easy access to local amenities make it a top choice for many.
10. Lidget Street: This road is ideal for those seeking a suburban lifestyle with the convenience of nearby shops, restaurants, and schools. The houses here are charming and diverse in design.
1. Tranquil Environment: Fixby offers a beautiful and peaceful setting, surrounded by rolling green landscapes. It is an ideal location for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, offering a relaxed pace of life.
2. Proximity to Major Cities: Despite its rural appeal, Fixby is conveniently located near major cities like Leeds and Manchester, making it perfect for individuals who wish to enjoy a rural lifestyle, but still have easy access to urban amenities.
3. Excellent Schools: The area boasts a selection of highly-regarded schools. These institutions offer top-quality education, ensuring your children can thrive both academically and personally.
4. Leisure Activities: For golf enthusiasts, Fixby is home to Huddersfield Golf Club, one of the oldest and finest championship golf courses in the North of England. Additionally, the scenic beauty of the area is ideal for walking, jogging, and cycling.
5. Community Spirit: Fixby maintains a strong sense of community. The friendly residents and communal activities, such as local events and festivals, contribute to the welcoming atmosphere, making it a delightful place to live.
1. Lack of Amenities: Despite its charm, Fixby is lacking in certain amenities. There are a limited number of shops, restaurants, and leisure facilities within the village itself. This might require residents to travel to neighbouring towns such as Huddersfield for more variety.
2. Limited Public Transport: Public transport options are somewhat limited in Fixby. This could be restricting for those who rely on buses or trains for their daily commute or for other travel needs.
3. Property Prices: The property prices in Fixby tend to be higher than in other areas of Kirklees. This could be a barrier for individuals or families looking to move into the area on a tighter budget.
4. Limited Diversity: Fixby, like many small villages, lacks the cultural diversity found in larger towns and cities. This might not suit those who thrive in more cosmopolitan environments.
5. Quiet Lifestyle: While some people might see it as a benefit, others could find the quiet and slow-paced lifestyle of Fixby a drawback. There is less hustle and bustle compared to bigger towns, which may not suit those who prefer a more vibrant social scene.
Data technology & local insight to give you an edge