What does Higher Croft offer?
Nestled in the heart of the vibrant Blackburn with Darwen borough, Higher Croft is a truly unique and charming locale. This thriving community is steeped in a rich tapestry of history and culture, offering an array of activities and attractions for both residents and visitors alike. With its diverse blend of urban amenities and rural tranquillity, Higher Croft provides a perfect balance, making it an ideal spot for those seeking both convenience and serenity. The surrounding countryside of Higher Croft is a feast for the eyes. It's a haven for nature lovers, with captivating landscapes, rolling hills, and picturesque vistas that beckon for exploration. Yet, the locale also boasts modern comforts and conveniences. Excellent schools, sports facilities, and a range of shops and services are all within easy reach, ensuring that every need is catered for. Higher Croft truly is a gem in the Blackburn with Darwen borough, offering a unique blend of the old and new for a lifestyle that's both enriching and rewarding.
1. Witton Country Park: A sprawling 480-acre space, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and families. It boasts a variety of walking trails, a play area, visitor centre, and even an animal centre housing a variety of creatures.
2. Blackburn Golf Club: Nestled in a stunningly scenic location, this 18-hole golf course is perfect for both beginners and experienced players. With a welcoming clubhouse and a well-stocked golf shop, it's a golfer's haven.
3. Corporation Park: A Victorian-era park with a beautiful lake, a conservatory, and a statue of Queen Victoria. The park is a peaceful haven in the heart of the city, great for picnics, strolls, and relaxing in nature.
4. Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery: Housing a fantastic collection of artefacts, this museum and art gallery offers an intriguing insight into local and global history. Highlights include a comprehensive Egyptology section, a stunning collection of art, and a range of interactive exhibits.
5. Blackburn Cathedral: A blend of modern and old architecture, the cathedral is a central landmark in the city. The peaceful interior, featuring stunning stained glass windows, offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The cathedral also hosts regular concerts and events.
1. Haslingden Road: Known for its charming houses and serene setting, this area offers an idyllic family-friendly atmosphere.
2. Lammack Road: Offering a blend of tranquillity and convenience, Lammack Road is a perfect fit for those seeking a balance between city and rural life.
3. Revidge Road: This road is especially popular due to its proximity to good schools and local amenities.
4. Shear Brow: Brimming with character, Shear Brow offers a variety of property types, from Victoria homes to modern developments.
5. Pleckgate Road: A quiet, residential area with a mix of detached and semi-detached homes.
6. Redlam: A popular area due to its close proximity to Blackburn town centre, ideal for individuals who prefer an urban setting.
7. Billinge End Road: This area is known for its spacious properties and green spaces, perfect for families and nature enthusiasts.
8. Parsonage Road: With its range of property styles and sizes, Parsonage Road offers something for every type of homebuyer.
9. Beardwood: A desirable area known for its peaceful surroundings and great community feel.
10. Sunny Bower: A tranquil area with a reputation for safety and friendliness, located close to parks and recreational areas.
1. Enchanting Natural Beauty: Higher Croft is nestled amidst breathtaking landscapes, offering a serene retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. Enjoy strolls in the nearby parks or venture on more invigorating hikes on the surrounding hills.
2. Accessible Amenities: Despite its semi-rural feel, Higher Croft boasts a wealth of amenities. Supermarkets, local shops, healthcare facilities, and top-notch schools are all within easy reach, providing a perfect blend of rural and urban living.
3. Rich Heritage: The area is steeped in history, featuring a mix of traditional and modern architecture. The Blackburn Cathedral, Turton Tower and other historical sites offer fascinating glimpses into the region's past.
4. Vibrant Community: Higher Croft is home to a diverse, friendly community, with an array of local clubs and events that cater to a range of interests. It's an ideal place to form lasting friendships, and enjoy a strong sense of community spirit.
5. Excellent Transport Links: Higher Croft enjoys excellent transport connections to nearby cities including Manchester and Preston, making commuting a breeze. The M65 motorway is conveniently close, and Blackburn's railway station offers fast, regular services to major cities throughout the UK.
1. Limited Shopping Options: Higher Croft, being largely residential, doesn't offer extensive shopping facilities. Residents often need to travel to Blackburn town centre or nearby towns for a wider range of retail options.
2. Public Transport Accessibility: The area has less frequent public transport services, making it slightly inconvenient for those without personal vehicles or those who prefer public transport.
3. Limited Nightlife: Higher Croft is a quiet neighbourhood, which may not appeal to those seeking vibrant nightlife. The local pubs and eateries close relatively early, and there are no nightclubs in the immediate vicinity.
4. Fewer Employment Opportunities: The area is primarily residential, and thus offers limited local job opportunities. Residents usually commute to Blackburn or further afield for employment.
5. Lack of Cultural Activities: Higher Croft has limited cultural and leisure facilities. There are few art galleries, theatres, or concert venues in the area, leading to a quieter lifestyle that might not appeal to everyone.
Data technology & local insight to give you an edge