What does Kennford offer?
Nestled in the heart of Teignbridge district, Kennford offers an idyllic escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. This charming English village, swathed in rich history and culture, serves as a gateway to the picturesque landscapes of Devon. With its rolling hills, lush greenery, and tranquil surroundings, Kennford is a haven for nature enthusiasts and those seeking solace in the beauty of the English countryside. Take a leisurely stroll through the village's quaint, winding streets and you'll discover a host of delightful sights. From traditional thatched cottages to the historic St Andrew's Church, Kennford exudes an old-world charm that captivates the heart. The village is also home to a host of cosy pubs, offering locally sourced food and drink, perfect for whiling away an afternoon after exploring the local area. Whether you're a history buff, foodie, or just enjoy the peace that comes with country life, Kennford is a destination that invites you to slow down and savour the simpler things.
1. Kennford International Caravan Park: A family-friendly holiday destination offering an array of amenities including a heated swimming pool, children's play areas, and dog walking routes.
2. Haldon Forest Park: A haven for nature and adventure enthusiasts, the park offers walking, cycling, and horse riding trails in addition to Go Ape, a high ropes adventure course.
3. The Ley Arms: A 12th-century thatched inn, offering locally sourced food and a range of ales. Its historic charm and picturesque setting make it a must-visit spot in Kennford.
4. The Matford Centre: A popular venue for events, exhibitions, and fairs. It’s a bustling hub of activity throughout the year.
5. The Devon Hotel: A charming Georgian building offering luxury accommodation, renowned for its award-winning Carriages Brasserie and the elegant Bickley Mill.
1. Exeter Road: A bustling thoroughfare, Exeter Road is a desirable location due to its proximity to local amenities and the village centre. The area boasts a mix of traditional cottages and modern homes, perfect for families and professionals alike.
2. Clapperbrook Lane East: This quiet lane offers a mix of beautiful semi-detached houses and bungalows, all nestled in a peaceful, rural setting. It's an ideal choice for those seeking tranquillity and easy access to the surrounding countryside.
3. Dryfield: Known for its spacious, detached properties, Dryfield is a sought-after area, attracting those looking for a bit more room. Many homes here offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
4. Matford Lane: Matford Lane is perfect for those wanting a rural lifestyle while still being within easy reach of local amenities. The area is characterised by large, detached houses, many with extensive gardens.
5. Kennford Court: This residential area is home to a selection of charming properties. Its close proximity to local schools and parks makes it an ideal location for families.
6. Old Quarry Drive: A quieter area of Kennford, Old Quarry Drive offers a mix of property styles, all set within a serene, green environment. This area is perfect for those looking for a peaceful haven.
7. Summer Lane: This area is highly desirable due to its mix of modern and traditional homes, as well as its close proximity to the local school. Summer Lane offers a friendly, community-focused atmosphere.
8. Rydon Lane: With its selection of semi-detached and detached homes, Rydon Lane is a great choice for those looking for a quiet, yet conveniently located place to live.
9. Haldon Rise: This residential area is well-regarded for its spacious homes and quiet, leafy surroundings. Haldon Rise is perfect for those seeking a peaceful lifestyle, without being too far from the local amenities.
10. Oak Road: This quaint road is home to several charming properties. It's a popular choice for those looking for a quiet, friendly neighbourhood, with easy access to local shops and services.
1. Countryside Charm: Kennford is nestled in the heart of Devon's idyllic countryside, offering serene landscapes, lush greenery, and breathtaking views. It is the perfect haven for those who cherish tranquillity and nature.
2. Proximity to Exeter: Despite its rural setting, Kennford is just a stone's throw away from the vibrant city of Exeter. This gives residents the unique advantage of enjoying peaceful village life while still having easy access to the amenities of a bustling city.
3. Outdoor Activities: Kennford is a dream location for outdoor enthusiasts. It offers numerous walking and cycling trails, horse riding opportunities, and is close to Haldon Forest Park, a fantastic spot for bird watching and picnicking.
4. Strong Community Spirit: The village boasts a close-knit community, with plenty of local events and social clubs creating a friendly and engaging environment. The local pub, the Seven Stars, is a hub of activity and a great place to meet neighbours.
5. Excellent Local Schools: Kennford is served by excellent local schools, including the highly-regarded Kenn Church of England Primary School, making it an ideal place for families with children.
1. Limited Amenities: Kennford is a small village, which means it does not have the extensive amenities that can be found in larger towns or cities. You may need to travel for a wider variety of shops, restaurants, or leisure facilities.
2. Lack of Public Transport: The public transport in Kennford is not as frequent or extensive as in other areas, meaning residents may need to rely on private vehicles to get around.
3. Limited Nightlife: For those who enjoy a vibrant nightlife, Kennford might not be the ideal choice. The options for evening entertainment are somewhat limited due to its size and rural location.
4. Limited Educational Facilities: While there are primary schools in Kennford, older students may need to travel to nearby towns or cities for secondary education. This could potentially be inconvenient for families with children of different ages.
5. Rural Isolation: While the tranquil nature of Kennford is often seen as an advantage, it might also be viewed as a drawback for those who prefer a faster paced, urban lifestyle. The village's rural location might lead to feelings of isolation or limited social opportunities.
Data technology & local insight to give you an edge