What does Lacey Green offer?
Nestled amidst the rolling Chiltern Hills, Lacey Green is a quintessential English village in Buckinghamshire, brimming with charm and history. This charming hamlet is known for its picturesque landscape, a unique blend of quaint thatched cottages, vibrant green pastures, and a tranquil atmosphere. The village's appeal is further enhanced by its traditional village pubs, the Pink & Lily and The Whip, both serving delicious local fare, making Lacey Green an idyllic retreat for those seeking a cosy rural escape. Perhaps the most iconic feature of Lacey Green is its historic windmill, the oldest smock mill in England, which dates back to 1650. The windmill, meticulously restored to its former glory, stands majestically atop the Chiltern Hills, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. The village also provides an abundance of walking trails, including the renowned Ridgeway Path, for those who enjoy exploring the great outdoors. With its delightful blend of history, culture, and natural beauty, Lacey Green truly is a slice of quintessential rural England.
1. The Lacey Green Windmill: The oldest smock mill in England, offering a peek into the history of milling and a panoramic countryside view from its upper floors.
2. The Pink & Lily: This traditional 17th century English pub offers a cosy atmosphere, delicious food and a variety of local ales.
3. The Ridgeway Path: One of the oldest roads in Britain, it offers scenic walking trails with a wide variety of flora and fauna.
4. St. John the Evangelist Church: A beautiful Anglican church known for its stained glass windows and fascinating architecture.
5. Hearnton Wood Nature Reserve: A perfect spot for nature lovers with an array of wildlife, tranquil ponds and beautiful walking trails.
1. Goodacres Lane: A tranquil residential area, offering a blend of semi-detached and detached properties, perfect for family living.
2. Stocken Farm Road: Known for its well-planned, spacious homes with ample green spaces, ideal for those who prefer quieter surroundings.
3. Lower Road: Offers a selection of charming, historic properties with modern amenities, making it a sought-after location.
4. Main Road: The heart of Lacey Green, lined with a variety of properties and close to local amenities, ideal for those seeking convenience.
5. Kiln Lane: This picturesque lane boasts a range of characterful homes, perfect for individuals and families who appreciate a more traditional aesthetic.
6. Slad Lane: A peaceful road with modern homes, surrounded by beautiful countryside views.
7. Pink Road: Offering a unique blend of semi-rural living with proximity to local facilities, Pink Road is an attractive choice for many.
8. New Road: Known for its range of newly built properties, New Road offers a modern living experience in a classic setting.
9. Beech Road: A quiet and serene location, blessed with an array of beautiful homes nestled amidst lush greenery.
10. Speen Road: This road provides a variety of property types, from modern family homes to quaint cottages, all set in a friendly community atmosphere.
1. Quintessential English Countryside: Lacey Green is located amidst the rolling hills of the Chilterns, offering residents breathtaking vistas and ample opportunities for walking, cycling and horse riding. The area is rich with wildlife, making it a haven for nature enthusiasts.
2. Historic Charm: The village is steeped in history, with a plethora of traditional thatched cottages and the oldest smock windmill in England. This charming backdrop, combined with a strong sense of community, creates a tranquil and friendly living environment.
3. Proximity to London: Despite its rural setting, Lacey Green is just a short commute from London, making it an ideal location for those seeking a blend of country living and city convenience. The nearby Princes Risborough station provides regular train services to the capital.
4. Excellent Local Amenities: The village boasts a wide array of facilities including a fantastic primary school, a well-stocked community shop, and a cosy local pub. There are also various clubs and societies offering a range of activities for all ages.
5. A Thriving Community: Lacey Green is known for its strong community spirit. Regular events are organised throughout the year, such as the annual Village Fete and Christmas Market, providing residents with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in village life.
1. Limited amenities: Lacey Green is a small village and as such, it lacks some of the facilities and amenities that you might find in a larger town or city. These might include a wide variety of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities.
2. Limited public transport: The public transportation options in Lacey Green are somewhat limited, which can make commuting or getting around without a car somewhat challenging.
3. Distance from major cities: Whilst the tranquillity of Lacey Green is part of its charm, this does come with the drawback of being a considerable distance from major cities such as London, making it less than ideal for those who need to travel for work or pleasure on a regular basis.
4. Lack of nightlife: For those who enjoy a vibrant nightlife, Lacey Green may not be the right fit. With only a few pubs in the village, the nightlife options here are limited.
5. Limited property options: The property market in Lacey Green is rather limited, with fewer properties available than in larger towns and cities. This can make it challenging for those looking to move to the area to find a home that suits their needs and budget.
Data technology & local insight to give you an edge