What does Little Maplestead offer?
Nestled amidst the rolling landscapes of Essex, Little Maplestead is a charming, quintessentially English village steeped in centuries of history. This picturesque hamlet is peppered with traditional thatched-roof cottages and postcard-perfect views. Its scenic beauty and tranquil atmosphere make it a haven for those seeking respite from the hustle and bustle of city life. Here, you'll find open fields, verdant woodlands and winding country lanes that invite leisurely strolls and invigorating bike rides. At the heart of Little Maplestead is the remarkable St. John the Baptist Church, a stunning example of round church architecture, a rarity in England, that continues to captivate visitors with its unique design and fascinating history. The village also houses the Half Moon Pub, a cosy, traditional English inn offering hearty meals and a warm, friendly atmosphere. Whether you're a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply in search of a peaceful retreat, Little Maplestead offers an enchanting journey into the charm of rural England.
1. St John the Baptist's Church: A marvel of architecture, this round church is one of only four in the country. Its unique construction, dating back to the 12th century, is sure to impress history and architecture enthusiasts alike.
2. Little Maplestead Hall: This stunning manor house, originating from the 16th century, boasts an exquisite display of period architecture. The beautifully landscaped gardens enveloping the property are a sight to behold.
3. The Essex Way: For those who enjoy the great outdoors, this long-distance footpath traverses the scenic countryside of Little Maplestead. The route offers breathtaking views of the local landscape and wildlife.
4. The Half Moon Pub: A traditional British pub, perfect for a midday meal or a hearty dinner. The Half Moon offers a range of delicious food and drink options in a cosy, rustic setting.
5. Shalford Green: A quaint, picturesque green space that is ideal for picnics, leisurely strolls, or simply soaking in the serene surroundings.
1. Church Street: Nestled at the heart of the village, Church Street is a highly sought-after location, boasting period properties surrounded by scenic landscapes.
2. School Road: Perfect for families, School Road offers a peaceful setting within easy reach of Little Maplestead’s primary school.
3. Oak Road: This quiet residential road is adorned with beautiful, spacious homes and is just a stone's throw from some of the area's most picturesque walking trails.
4. The Street: This charming road encapsulates the quintessential English village vibe, lined with stunning traditional homes and close to local amenities.
5. Maplestead Road: Offering a mix of detached and semi-detached houses, Maplestead Road is ideal for those seeking a friendly neighbourhood with an easy commute to Braintree.
6. Gestingthorpe Road: A sought-after location for its tranquillity, Gestingthorpe Road is home to a mix of modern and older properties, all set against the backdrop of the stunning Essex countryside.
7. Pebmarsh Road: This rural road is perfect for those who prefer a slower pace of life, with idyllic country views and larger homes with extensive gardens.
8. Halstead Road: This prime location offers a range of house styles, from bungalows to grand period homes, all within easy reach of both Little Maplestead and Halstead town centre.
9. Church Hill: This quaint, leafy road offers stunning views of the village and the surrounding countryside, ideal for those seeking peace and serenity.
10. Hedingham Road: Known for its mix of charming cottages and larger family homes, Hedingham Road offers easy access to local landmarks and amenities.
1. Quintessential English Charm: Living in Little Maplestead offers the opportunity to reside in a quintessentially English village, brimming with history and character. From the spellbinding architecture to the rolling countryside that surrounds it, this place truly is a picturesque slice of rural life.
2. Community Spirit: Our community is tight-knit and welcoming, a place where neighbours become friends, and a sense of togetherness is ever present. Regular social events and activities ensure everyone feels part of the village family.
3. St John the Baptist Round Church: The iconic round church, one of only four in the country, is a remarkable sight to behold. The 12th-century architectural marvel not only provides a fascinating historical insight but also serves as a unique venue for a variety of local events.
4. Proximity to Amenities: Despite its rural setting, Little Maplestead is conveniently located close to Braintree, offering easy access to a range of amenities, including shopping centres, restaurants, and cinemas. Additionally, the excellent train links allow for a comfortable commute to London.
5. Natural Beauty: The local landscape presents an idyllic backdrop to village life, with lush green fields, woodlands, and beautiful walking trails. The tranquil nature of the area makes it a perfect sanctuary for those seeking respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.
1. Limited Amenities: Little Maplestead is a charming village with a small population. However, this means it lacks certain amenities. You may find yourself having to travel to nearby towns for a wider range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
2. Public Transportation: The public transport system in Little Maplestead isn't as efficient or regular as in larger towns or cities. This could pose a challenge for those without personal vehicles, particularly during off-peak hours or weekends.
3. Limited Healthcare Facilities: While there are basic medical facilities available in the village, for more specialised healthcare services, residents often have to travel to bigger towns or cities.
4. Lack of Nightlife: Little Maplestead is a quiet, peaceful village, perfect for those who enjoy tranquillity. However, for those who seek a vibrant nightlife scene, this village may not be the most suitable place.
5. Job Opportunities: With its small size and rural setting, Little Maplestead doesn't offer a wide array of job opportunities, particularly for those in specialised fields. Most residents commute to larger towns and cities for work.
Data technology & local insight to give you an edge